Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists for 2021-22
Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree
Types of scholarship
The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Swiss government scholarships are offered by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students exclusively via Switzerland’s official diplomatic representations in the applicants’ countries of origin.
- The FCS will announce its decisions regarding the new scholarship awards by the end of May at the latest.
- The scholarship covers a monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, airfare, housing allowance, etc., as applicable. Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
- Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for general and specific eligibility criteria.
- The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Please see the country-specific fact sheets for eligibility criteria, application procedure, deadlines, and contact information specific to your country. If you fulfil the eligibility requirements, contact the Swiss diplomatic representation in your country of origin. The diplomatic representation will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the procedure including application forms and a list of required documentation.
- The application deadline falls between September-December 2020, depending on the Swiss Embassy to which the applications have to be submitted.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
* This news has been published by 'Youthop' and mycampus doesnot take any responsibility for the same. * Please contact [email protected] for content removal. * Source: youthop.com/